Ms. Hughes is President of Collaborative Growth, L.L.C., and serves as a strategic communications partner for organizations. Marcia offers keynotes, workshops, leadership development and team building to provide organizations with strategic behavior alignment by bringing their values, intentions and behaviors into sync. As a master trainer and facilitator, her focus is to provide consulting which results in lasting behavioral change. Marcia works with organizations as an international expert in emotional intelligence, leadership development, conflict resolution and communications through trainings, executive coaching, mediation, strategic design, and leadership and team development. As president of her company, she was the sponsor and chair of the international EQ Symposium which was held in Denver in October 2004. Clients include the World Bank, Medtronic, American Express, Toronto School Board, National Security Agencies, Jefferson County and Colorado Counties, Inc. and many federal, state and local governments.
Marcia is a member of the EI Consortium, http://www.eiconsortium.org/members/Hughes.htm. She is co-author of The Handbook for Developing Emotional Intelligence (2009), A Facilitator’s Guide to Team Emotional and Social Intelligence, (2009), A Coach’s Guide to Emotional Intelligence (2008), The Emotionally Intelligent Team (2007), and Emotional Intelligence in Action (2005) and author of Life’s 2% Solution (2006). Marcia and her partner, James Terrell are authors of The Team Emotional & Social Intelligence Survey® (TESI®), an online team assessment. Marcia practiced law for over 20 years, operating her own successful law firm, which focused on complex public policy matters. She has led efforts addressing numerous issues on matters such as controversial environmental matters involving numerous stakeholders including the intersection of governments at all levels together with businesses and the public. Ms. Hughes offers emotional intelligence training and coaching and is a certified trainer in using the EQ-i® and the EQ-360®. She is one of the few training partners for Multi-Health Systems certified to offer training on use of the EQ-i and EQ-360.
Before entering private practice Ms. Hughes worked with governmental and public interest organizations. She served as a special assistant to the Executive Director of the Department of Public Health and the Environment and as an Assistant Attorney General. She clerked on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals for the Honorable William E. Doyle and served with the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C.
- Juris Doctorate with Honors - George Washington University, National Law Center
- Masters in Psychology - University of Colorado at Denver
- Emotional Intelligence – BarOn EQ-i and EQ-360 – certified practitioner and trainer
- Practitioner Certificate - Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Mediation Training - CDR & Associates and Resolution Resources Corp.
- Negotiation Training - Harvard School of Negotiations
- Spiral Dynamics Value Systems - National Values Center
- Emergenetics® Workshops - The Browning Group International
- A sampling of instruments Marcia works with includes, TESI, CCL’s Benchmarks, EQi, EQ 360, EQ
- Leadership Report, BOEI, MBTI, Emergenetics, Firo-B and Conflict Dynamic Profile.